27 August 2012

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHT

Phew! That was a *very* long break.  I'll write up a longer, much more detailed post about it for a blog post later this week.  In essence, I was denied exit to Turkey, then granted it after a lot of hassle and having to run from port to port, then wrongly denied entry to Turkey.  Deportation woes!  Somewhat surprisingly, the same police who deported me then allowed me to enter the country two days later, because those who had denied me entry had "mixed up" some of the rules. awesome!! 

I'm eating from my crush restaurant because I wanted to have something delicious and different and then for dinner I'm going to have curry galore. I'm pretty excited for a time when I have a few months to visit home, travel, relax, and generally cook my way through the world and learn recipes.  First things first, though, so I gotta get some centipedes and millipedes to stop inhabiting my camera case... or I guess that can just wait.

There's a bunch of stuff going around on the internet about Turkey, including things like the rising conservativism/islamification of the AKP.  This seems to be somewhat of a surprise to people who are not living in Turkey.  People who imbibe alcohol at all (aka "drunks"), "gays" and "unmarried couples" living side by side with families, showing conservative families and children that sometimes lifestyles different than their own are ok?! NO! We must not have that!!

Anywhoooo those who know me know I am passionate about a few things: Tuvalu, Somalian pirates, hobos, and some other stuff like law and making hats and kittens and also Indian food and hula hooping and there are probably about 40,000,000 other things that I could say I'm passionate about.  Oh, Mumia Abu-Jamal, too. And ethernopian food. Ok, I got off track. But as for the hobo thing, give this a read. Aw wedding vows! And in particular, listen to number 16 for another remake of a popular video I posted in a prior post, maybe? And read this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment