02 January 2012

DAY SIXTY ONE: A NEW YEAR!

Happy 2012 all faithful readers o this blog!

I was reading about WeeGee, a fantastic photographer, when I wanted to look up what happened to some of the people in his photos. Although I was unable to find anything about one of the two criminals in his photos, I did find this Google Reader document about Irma Twiss Epstein.

The most interesting part of the article is those that surround it, including the advertisements. Starting from the right side of the page is an advertisement intended to help cure various ailments, including being under-weight. It is nearly unfathomable that in today's day and age there would be any sort of article targetting women advertising a weight-gain strategy. Next to that, an ad featuring the Dionne Quintuplets. Though all the articles are a fascinating peak into history, I'll note just one more headline: "Delay in interning Japs causes alarm."

Other open tabs that I should blog about before firefox eventually crashes:

Humorous measurements. My favorite is, of course, the Smoot, but there are a ton of other ones that are great, including barn, shed and outhouse.

Photojournalists! Where did they go? A fear that's been played up for a long time by people like Cornell Cappa, probably for good reason.

A bit untimely, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment