11 January 2012

TRILOGY OF DAYS POST TWO

Another story from 420characters by Lou Beach, a series of stories written in the style of status updates:
HE WAITED all his life for a splashy catharsis, irrefutable evidence that a profound change had transformed him. It took him many years to realize that he had been altered each day by the sun's rising and the moon's movement, by the unfurling of his daughter's tiny hand to grasp his thumb, by the cat on his chest, by the glass of water his wife brought him before bedtime, by the questions his son asked.
Reminds me of Brian Andreas. Except story people is way more sappy and less morbid (very few stories about accidentally cutting off the top of your own skull with a chainsaw to awake to your dog lapping your blood). An example:
One Halloween, my sister made a magic wand & she went around giving wishes to all my friends, but when she got glitter on all the candy they yelled at her & she went home crying & later on my mom made me share my candy with her & she was so happy she flung glitter all over & gave me an extra wish I know didn't work because I still have a sister who loves shiny stuff.
But that's just for my glitter party. A real example:
Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life.

I'm in love with Charlton Heston, but the one from before he became a wackjob Republican. Once time travel is perfected, we'll be together like we are meant to be. There's just something about over-dramatized old movies that i love! AND, he lived in Rosscomon county, which is where my okcupid 99% match/highest match of all people in Istanbul's dad lives.

It is Nicholas Steno's birthday. Without doing any external research, I'm going to guess that's where the term "stenography" came from. He seems relatively boring but maybe some geography/geology/natural science folks feel differently. Maybe.

I hope you all know how much I love good.is. I love that they have a series called "people are awesome." This one is about paying it forward.

While attempting to find Rick & Steve, a series I want to watch about "the happiest gay couple in all the world", I instead found this shocking news: Legos make you gay. I wonder if the 'girl legos' (no assembly required... or possibly allowed...) also do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment