17 July 2012

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY TWO

Our kittens have to be the cutest things in the universe, ever! They're like, real live cats and all!

That's it. I'm getting some dermal anchors when I go back to the US. Can't figure out where, but it must be done.

On the 5 people you spend time with. Very close to officemates lose the weakest link philosophy, but more hardcore. I've been doing a bit of this myself lately!


On the constitution. I used to have a handy pocket constitution, helpfully provided by the Cato Institute. On Federalists and Anti-Federalists, Tea Party folks. The article's interesting because it - VERY obliquely - references some really interesting characters, including America's first domestic terrorist, John Brown.  About a year ago after reading up on Langston Hughes' family, I got really into research the radical abolitionists and slave revolts.  I can't remember now if we learned about this as a major impetus that actually sparked the civil war, but it's fascinating nonetheless.  Anyway, back to the article:
In an interview in 1991, the former Chief Justice Warren Burger said that the N.R.A.’s interpretation of the Second Amendment was “one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word ‘fraud,’ on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime.”

There's some sort of marching band/choir practicing outside our window. Though the opera singer was better, this one is still good. I take back my previous comments on Bosphorus-office smack talk and now love my new office!

Lots of metapictures today, some care of Sara, and some care of moi:

Animals that totally have misleading names.

Rules of booze, though I don't agree with them all. Number five's a big one.


Poor gingers! Kick a ginger kid day! Canadians, tsk tsk!




No comments:

Post a Comment