My favorite part? One, that I went to the DEMF (or was it THE MOVEMENT then?) the year a lot of these scenes were shot and it was of course amazing. That Derrick May is apparently a lovable asshole is one of my other favorite things. How could he have not naturally fallen to be my favorite?! Also, now I kinda want to and may go to London to see him play since it's been sooooooo long since he was at the (now defunct, I believe) 11:11. Actually I'd probably have preferred to see Simian Mobile Disco also, but whatever. LOVED THE DOC, WATCH IT!
I hate vice, but this article about sex trafficking is interesting. Olympics = sex trafficking? Note that the great webeditors at vice have left a few broken links in the article, just to mix it up a bit.
all natural foie gras!? this guy's awesome! i love his techniques!
A most disturbed man and his most unfortunate marriage. People who fashion themselves from nothing through smoke and mirrors to become popular based solely off their social capital fascinate me. I can't find it, but there's another one about a reporter who met a man who sounded absolutely adorable, similar story, except not a horrible person. Instead, here's another fabulists: Stephen Glass, of course! And his fictionalized story that blurs the lines between fiction and non-, thus leaving you to wonder what was part of his story and what wasn't. And even cooler: The fact-checker and the fabulist. I'd actually love to be a fact-checker - and I got to do a lot of it already in the course of my job.
Sad, sad, sad yall. Med mal is often so sad. In my med mal class we had a really cool professor who'd invite different people in - including his bud Geoffrey Fieger (he defended "Dr. Death" as some people know Kevorkian as and his brother sang My Sharona). One woman's story about a misreading and the subsequent aftermath made me cry in class... Super sad stuff.
I actually like writing about the Turkish legal system, so sorry it's taken so long to update.
No comments:
Post a Comment