19 December 2011

DAY FIFTY TWO

Make sure to spread the word of a flat available, mostly after 29 December, with thanks to James Smart for advertising a non-existant room in our flat (3 yabanci girls looking for roommate), and hopes that he is able to find one for his via the above link.

Bill to ban insider trading suddenly very popular. Somehow not surprising that it's only popular after a very public expose.

Uhh... World record for eating a lightbulb.

Dishwasher wanted. Very funny. For those of you who I share my favorite links with, you may have read this before. Don't fear, though, over the next few days I'll post all of my favs from this person.

Woman refuses to move to the back of the bus.

I know very little about Havel but do love some of the things he said:
Twenty or thirty years ago, in the army, we had a lot of obscure adventures, and years later we tell them at parties, and suddenly we realize that those two very difficult years of our lives have become lumped together into a few episodes that have lodged in our memory in a standardized form, and are always told in a standardized way, in the same words. But in fact that lump of memories has nothing whatsoever to do with our experience of those two years in the army and what it has made of us.

I really do not like Christopher Hitchens.

No comments:

Post a Comment