25 November 2011

DAY THIRTY FOUR

we reviewed a few of the early posts from my blog last night.

if you haven't read it yet, i'd highly recommend you read day two.

i really like good.is.

Remember that time the beer flooded all over and killed some people?

this is a good story about wanting to be wanted versus wanting to be needed. i love their dealbreaker series. and here's a cute comic about how you're not the light of my life and making you happy isn't my greatest dream.

oh! something that i'm pretty sure probably nobody else on my blog knows is story people! it's great. my favorite series of poems ever. some include (and this one goes out to kim harris for making a PHENOMENAL meal last night):
There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.

I'm just going to pick a few others I remember offhand, but there are so many great ones that are out there:
I have a friend who reads people's auras. He sees all sorts of colors like green & red & purple. He says anyone can do it. All it takes is forgetting everything you think you know & just looking. I've tried it & even though I haven't seen any colors yet, everyone I meet looks so beautiful when I stop knowing everything, that it's pretty hard to go back to the old way.

this one got me into them (i know, super sappy. but i <3 them)
She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short.

shoutout to caity beth (and let's bring that nickname back in style), who got me this print a few years ago as a gift
We lay there & looked up at the night sky & she told me about stars called blue squares & red swirls & I told her I'd never heard of them. Of course not, she said, the really important stuff they never tell you. You have to imagine it on your own.

and this
I leave it to other people to change, she told me. I spend my time just cultivating vices.

anyway i could go on with that all day. alls i gotta say is, i love this guy. and he's got some amazing art pieces. anyway, there's a handy collection of stuff he wrote in an easy to read format - but i still suggest you read the website. BIGRUSHOFAWESOMEPOEMSNOW:
“Don't you hear it? She asked & I shook my head no & then she started to dance & suddenly there was music everywhere & it went on for a very long time & when I finally found words all I could say was thank you. ”
“I saw them standing there pretending to be just friends, when all the time in the world could not pry them apart. ”
:( “I buried a nickel under the porch when I was 8, she said, but one day my grandma died & they sold the house & I never got to go back for it.
A nickel used to mean something, I said.
She nodded. It still does, she said & then she started to cry.”

anyways enough of that sappy crap.

there's a place that looks bomb ass (pizzzzzzza), and i really want to win this free night there, but i'll have to spam all my friends with email to win a free dinner. i'm halfway tempted to just do it, but only spam those folks that i either don't like or don't care about, and then just pretend it was a mistake. if you get are reading this and you got a message, it totally does not mean i don't like you or don't care about you... really. no i'm serious.

keep up the good work, turkey!

i like her work. except for this. and :( i sometimes prefer hearing about what happened afterwards from people like monique so i don't get worried about people i know who are there...

this is sick. i know it's old. but still. sick like ew, not like cool. mentioned in the headscarf one.

No comments:

Post a Comment