21 November 2011

DAY THIRTY POST TWO

welcome UAE and (shockıngly loyal) russıan readers of the blog!!! point anyone you know from low lying island states thisaway!

turns out eating and listening to podcasts about parasites is not always the best idea. ew.

OH MY GOD I GOT MY NAKUSP TRIP UPDATE THINGY FROM TRIPADVISOR. Nakusp, BC, Canada. I love you. You are tiny. You are named a funny name. You have a suspension bridge named Brilliant nearby. You purposefully flooded over some of your towns and combined two lakes into one. You have hot springs. You have a really awesome Japanese gardens. Despite being on an earthquake fault line, your most recent memorable disaster was a tiny prop plane that went down (and that, I think we can all agree, was due to the return of one of your more hedonistic former residents bringing God's wrath all up in your grill), you have mounties, you have a radio program that features abbreviations like "CAN POP" for canadian pop, you've got a basement geographer, your entire village is about as half the size of EGR's combined school system (and you've gone through quite the growth spurt recently!), you've got some insane sport called heli-skiing, you are really pretty, you have mountain goats nearby, and you briefly flirted with changing your name to nakusp hot springs. You have (or, had) residents who try to run over mentally disabled people. You measured how bad traffic was based on how long it took one particular resident of yours to drive down the main strip. You have a main strip. Your website really seems to indicate that the hot springs committee is more important than the (volunteer) fire department. Your city's .com website features a hipster retro-shabby-ugly-is-beautiful 2006 design (please, Nakusp, don't tell me that you paid for that, especially not from *that* company) and numerous easily corrected typos. You and I are meant to be, and I shall befriend many of the members of your tiny, tiny populace before I move there. We are truly meant to be and one day, one day soon, we will meet in person.

Speaking of typos all oer the place, THY wrote back and said they were sticking with their current editor and needed no more help for their poorly translated in flight magazine. I was going to point out specific problems with the magazine (obvious sentences being cut off, mistranslated, 'interesting' choices of how to phrase... everything... etc) but the email back included an emoticon. yep.

an emoticon.

No comments:

Post a Comment