A tale of 60 kidneys. Really cool and touching.
This is a guest post from my officemate's computer as mine's currently being upgraded. I can't decide which seat is better, but think mine is because it has a way nicer view and way more sun. Hers, however, has the screen hidden so that people walking by can't see what she's working or not working on.
The forgetting pill erases painful memories forever:
The memory is less like a movie, a permanent emulsion of chemicals on celluloid, and more like a play—subtly different each time it’s performed. In my brain, a network of cells is constantly being reconsolidated, rewritten, remade.This is so fascinating - series of chemicals create what we call memories, which are not actually created to focus on the past, but instead use those chemical tags in the future.
Yesterday there was a pinterest of one of my favorite poems by Brian Andreas, who runs the website storypeople.com. I know I've put some of them up here before, but this one's absolutely wonderful. Other favs:
“Don't you hear it? She asked & I shook my head no & then she started to dance & suddenly there was music everywhere & it went on for a very long time & when I finally found words all I could say was thank you.”And more on goodreads (though I like reading through the storypeople site to see the artwork too).
The tattoo is weird, but the poems are nice.
God, which brings me to another point: would you get a bright eyes song tattooed on your wrist? With odd capitalization? I mean, don't get me wrong - I have one of the trashiest tattoos possible and I do love myself that song, but seriously?
Wait for further reviews of TOXIC BACHELORS as the day progresses.
No comments:
Post a Comment