21 June 2012

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FOUR

YOU CAN'T FOOL NATURE. purer words have never been said.

i got a party on a boat today! it's a wedding! but not eritrean. 

exhausted. so tired. so much coffee.

slippery slippery slope!

I just wish their other songs sounded similar to that one!

hey, all the boys that got AIDs be quiet, and all the girls that don't like guys be quiet!
There are few things in the world more terrifying to teenaged boys than the power of teenaged girls. On the Straight Outta Compton Ice Cube spotlight track “I Ain’t Tha 1,” the rapper attempts to negate that terrifying power by fundamentally denying the humanity and agency of women, reducing the complicated, messy, and crazy-making dance of sex and romance to a simple formula: Men want sex, women want money. And it’s every real man’s solemn duty to get the sex he craves without sacrificing any of his hard-earned scratch. 
These slave shackle shoes are amazing. Pure genius marketing here.

If I don't get proposed to like this, I'm just going to have to say no:


I used to spend many a lunch in that park, but definitely didn't see anything like that.  I did once see a human-eating plant. It had its own show!

The libraries and closed schools are the saddest.  Reading through it, I'm not sure they understand what happened to some of the buildings, especially the libraries, which were closed 'temporarily' while I was in college... never to open again. At least some of them.

Read up on the race riots in Detroit from back in the day - it's kinda insane how politics remains the same. Conyers is still in office, and Romney's son is a politician. "This gave Detroit the distinction of being the only domestic American city to have been occupied by Federal troops three times."  I'm not actually sure if that's true - I don't know what other than the riots in the 40s would have led to occupying it... Loyal readers? What was the 3rd?


Amaaaaaaaaaazing. Art from a single thread.


Dorothy Porter, stupid as a poet.  Loved the final sentence (from their tumblr!). "Bring this poem to your mouth and suck it til I die."


That's about the most random long blog I've had in a while.  Those of you doing fulltimesucks stuff, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment