My mother, my daughter. Sad, sad, sad yall.
A disappearing act of major proportions. I'm so fascinated by people who do this. I think it's all the recent Person of Interest I've been watching (excellent, excellent, excellent show. Watch.). I'm even more fascinated because this tale involves a tiny village in Turkey, a "Turkish immigrant" named Nesrin Wolf, and Steve Buschemi, who I am in love with. Here's a critique of the article, which I don't agree with in its entirety - though, as the author of the critique notes, he knows the subject personally and so my own reading of the New Yorker piece will obviously be different; it's interesting to read both together. From the New Yorker, these two are meant to be friends - this much animosity belies an amazingly deep relationship. From the Rumpus Magazine, I actually kind of get the same. The amount of time and energy these two men are going to is crazy.
Ick. I just found out the actor who plays in my favorite show has done the following:
-Opposed stem cell research
-Donated money to Santorum
I kind of feel like I shouldn't even support him by watching it, but considering I stream it for free and really only earn Turkish streaming websites money, I guess that's fine.
Now that I'm looking at it, one of the actors is a relative of the actual discoverer of the geographic North Pole. I had no idea that the first person - and the person to plant a flag there - was a black American named Matthew Henson, not Robert Peary. Plus, she was in Hustle and Flow and was sang a song in it that then won an Academy Award - the first song by a hip hop group to do so.
Time to read about the Mexican oil and gas sector. Fun, fun fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment