17 October 2011

DAY NINE POST TWO

I got Gourmet Burger for lunch. It was tasty. Their fries sucked.

One day, I'm going to get my camera up and running and put a picture I've got of Amanda and Lee on this website. It's a beautiful retelling of American Gothic.

I love street art. I guess this guy moved from Berlin to Istanbul. It's all over Tunel... but I think my favorite here, other than the Banksy/imitation, is the tag going to Cihangir Park: "Sometimes I think, sometimes I don't."

Kate Bloomer shared this really, really fascinating story. I actually knew absolutely nothing about Jeff Smith, but highly recommend you read his whole blog - really interesting stuff. This man is going to be my new obsession. First step: watch the documentary.


Child slaves made your [chocolate] halloween candy. Stop buying it.
I love the excuses that sub-contracting gives for improper supervision of labor conditions and plausible deniability - yay capitalism! Yum! brand foods did the same thing with the Immokalee Workers in Florida.

I love this 1%. LOVE. lovelovelovelove. <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment