Day six arrives with me sporting an enormously painful headache and vague memories of falling asleep to the new episodes of house md last night. I LOVE THAT SHOW. My head is aching. Ow. OW. Today may be the first of many snuck naps and all I am looking forward to is tonight when I can sleep. Not a good start to the day. And now there's a big discussion going on in the room and all I want to do is murder those speaking and hurting my delicate head.
On that note...
Dwarf planets and trans-neptunian objects:
http://i.imgur.com/ndkDz.jpg
wait, i'm sorry new york times, did you not have anything better to do than to steal article ideas from al gore's son('s blog)?
[note: we'll all remember i posted that link yesterday; the blog was written at least one day before the article. NYTimes even references the occu-pie. This is pathetic.]
Speaking of that, I've read a lot about journalist scandals recently, so I remember this quote from an article about Jayson Blair:
"Mr. Blair's deceptive techniques flouted long-followed rules at The Times. The paper, concerned about maintaining its integrity among readers, tells its journalists to follow many guidelines as described in a memo on the newsroom's internal Web site. Among those guidelines: ''When we use facts gathered by any other organization, we attribute them''; ''writers at The Times are their own principal fact checkers and often their only ones''; ''we should distinguish in print between personal interviews and telephone or e-mail interviews.''"
This article is interesting about the richest in NY. Actually, not that interesting, but more "Why would a newspaper print the addresses of private individuals who have children and whatnot"? Once, when I was interning in NYC over the summer, protesters came and protested my aunt. It was a family reunion/graduation party at her apartment. Guess how well their infiltrating the party tactic went down? They also mispronounced her last name and were not very nice to us. One of them was in law school at the time; I hope he's happily unemployed.
I've just returned from a coffee break and got to observe Liz's office computer in its natural habitat. A critically endangered species, the fine specimen sports a 3.5 inch floppy drive, no USB connectivity, and probably really funny other characteristics that I can't comment on as the IT dude is now attempting to turn it on.
Gawker has an article about Random Task, the shoe-throwing asian goon from Austin Powers. Fun fact - he's serving a life sentence in prison for gang rape and killed a dude whilst in prison!
Ok, that seems like enough for me for now. I've got real work to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment