17 May 2012

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE

Every day Hatice comes, a little part of my insides die.  Also, her presence in my house means that I can't make the cold soups that I have so carefully researched: today was to be cucumber avocado, after yesterday's yogurt cucumber success.

A rather poorly written article about nuns in the Western frontier.

There's just something about the tiny Pacific islands that gets me. Here's one that used to be called DANGER REEF. Unpopulated and almost always completely submerged, it was quite dangerous for ships.

I JUST LEARNED SOMETHING REALLY FUNNY ABOUT OFFICEMATE. So funny that she has clearly not been telling me knowing I would laugh and laugh and laugh. !!!!!!! AND LAUGH AND HOW.

I'm a sucker for men in uniforms, but have to say, not sure these ones are so hot. Also, the tales of the dude wearing a cartoon shirt outside the children's police station also did not sound so cool.  

Back to reefs and stuff: here's a phantom reef. Many of these islands are completely abandoned and probably uninteresting to my loyal readers, so I won't tell you about Starbucks island (or the variety of other islands with such pleasant name as "starve island" or "barren island"). 

And then after reading about different types of rats ("rat island"), I want to get a mouse-like hamster.

No comments:

Post a Comment