Tuesday was May Day, and was a lovely little break from early-mid-week work. Mine was spent laying in the grass in a park, cooking (Indian food, of course) and generally avoiding anything involving responsibility, which is how every May Day should be! I didn't see any massive riots, but we did get to trade tales of years past.
Online classes: an integral part of year of Herkes on Top (HOT)!! Here are some more offerings, though I myself am focusing more on languages and less on science-y stuff, aside from programming.
So true, so true. Terrible taste. And this xkcd comic is unfortunately rather true, except that in fact, you do need to use geometry, algebra, and number properties (powers, etc) on the GMAT. Really hard!
I've been listening to a lot of the grey album lately. This song in particular is really nice:
And this one which has several songs:
Lawyers, Guns & Money is one of my fav blogs/blawgs. Here's an analysis of the death penalty issue, along with the internally cited articles from the New Yorker about executing an innocent man. Here's the wiki article about the same issue. This case was the basis for a Law and Order: SVU episode, though that's not mentioned in the wiki article. Here's another LG&M article about Willingham. I don't understand why the NLG doesn't use innocent people for its anti-DP/jailhouse lawyer issues (grrr Mumia), though I guess the most powerful, though less-moving, statement against punishments such as the death penalty would be arguing that even for guilty parties, it's not acceptable. Too bad so many groups maintain Mumia's innocence. !! Gr.
And finally, a shout out to Garanti Bankasi for its ability to mess up every thing conceivable in a banking experience. Go Garanti!! Go Garanti!! Though on the plus side, I did get some wickedly fantastic mint chocolate afterwards, before having to deal with Hatice some more at the house. She may be onto our tricks, considering that she's now asking whether or not officemate is in the country. I too should have fled my house before her arrival, if only not to have to deal with her zillions of intricate questions about how she was supposed to clean the windows (I'm not sure if she noticed, but window cleaning is not my forte).
No comments:
Post a Comment