15 May 2012

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE

Lots of work, so my blogs are going to be quite short.



This is a really sad article in the Atlanta Magazine about Bill and Doug getting married.

Have you ever tried to sell a diamond? About how diamonds were marketed as a required gem to symbolize love. Fairly horrifying how well this ad campaign worked, and how it's changed the minds of those in many countries. I wonder if these will be featured in Mad Men at any point?  Regardless, it affirms my desire to keep my (semi-cursed, but beloved) garnet claddagh as the only ring I ever wear. Then stupid gem searching led me to a uvarovite, which is a really pretty green garnet.  Tanzanite, my absolute personal favorite, has to be just around as horribly evil as diamonds. And now I want to go buy BLOOD GEMS but instead I'll just do some squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment