16 April 2012
DAY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO
Daggering: a dance style that is both confusing and also apparently popular. Coming this summer to a themed party for Istanbul! The best part is the ladder, clearly, but be careful!
And the slut drop!
I discovered one of my friends owns a banjo last night, which is terribly exciting! Speaking of which, Earl Scruggs died last week - he revolutionized banjo playing with the picking style that is now most commonly heard. I think it's fascinating that before him, banjos were just a comedic prop, a lesser guitar. Men who have banjos and know how to use them! Bluegrass music is one of my favorite styles ever, particularly the songs featured in O Brother Where Art Thou. Riding the rail!
Last weekend I got to hear some much-needed guitar playing, including this song. So sad and so pretty.
Am I the only one who thinks that perhaps cig kofte places shouldn't be labelled vegetarian restaurants? I know they TECHNICALLY are, but I'm a little wary. And ew, the corbaci soup bar, with some of the most sub-par food i've ever had in this city, including rotten vegetables in the salad bar.
I think that people involved with couchsurfing must speak more than the 365 languages mentioned here.
Officemate's been diligently finding mixes of 212. I need to get on memorizing the words for kareoke night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment